2016 Bay State Games, 3000m
Tufts University, Medford, MA
Saturday, July 9, 2016
Weather: Overcast, 63-degrees, occasional drizzle
Mixed 3000 Meter Race Walk
1. Allen, Nolan M16 Arlington, MA 15:20.86
2. Allen, Maegan W18 Arlington, MA 15:24.37
3. Peckiconis, Stephen M57 Roslindale, MA 17:45.22
4. Epstein, Larry M57 Stoneham, MA 18:36.86
5. Savilonis, Brian M66 Princeton, MA 18:41.63
6. Vaitones, Valentina W19 Derry, NH 19:26.47
7. Mansbach, Charles M71 Waban, MA 21:03.96
Start of the 2016 Bay State Games 3000m race walk.
President Ed O’Rourke congratulates Bay State champions Nolan and Maegan Allen.
Hats off to Maegan and Nolan Allen, of Arlington MA, who competed at the New Balance National Scholastic Championship in Greensboro, North Carolina on June 17th.
In the 1-mile race walk, Maegan earned her third All-American award (complete with stylish medal and snazzy crown) with a 4th place finish behind Lauren Harris of New York. Harris set a national high school record during the event. Nolan finished a solid 11th place in the largest boy’s field in years — placing just 3.4 seconds away from 8th place and an All-American award.
The New England Walkers would also like to acknowledge our friends and from Maine who participated.
Girls 1 Mile Race Walk (Combined result from 2 sections)
1. Lauren Harris 17 Sachem Spiked Shoe Club- 6:52.23
2. Maria Garcia 16 North Rockland Tc-Ny 7:29.42
3. Kelsey Jordan 17 Una-Ny-Westhampton-Jordan 7:33.98
4. Maegan Allen 16 New England Walkers-MA 7:36.07
19. Siana Emery 16 Una-Me-North_yarmou-Emery 8:14.02
22. Hayley Bickford 18 Gorham Tc-Me-Girls 8:28.57
27. Lilyan Cohen 17 Brewer Tc-Me 8:43.17
28. Elizabeth Larsen 16 Messalonskee Tc-Me 8:45.75
Boys 1 Mile Race Walk (Finals)
1. AJ Gruttadauro 16 Shore Ac-Nj 6:45.17
2. Juan Moscoso 19 Central FL Gliders 6:51.31
3. Spencer Dunn 16 Una-Me-Auburn 7:01.84
6. Trevor Judd 16 Spruce Mountain Tc-Me 7:31.69
8. Brian Word-Sims 16 Una-Me-Fryeburg 7:57.59
10. Nicholas Parrott 16 Wells Tc-Me 7:58.68
11. Nolan Allen 18 New England Walkers 8:00.03
13. Spencer Linscott 16 Gorham Tc-Me 8:21.82
New England Walkers’ Maegan and Nolan Allen
All-American Maegan Allen captured 4th place at the New Balance National Scholastic Championship in Greensboro, North Carolina
2016 USATF-NE Junior Olympic Championships
Saturday, June 18, 2016
Fitchburg State University, Fitchburg MA
Weather: Sunny, mid-70 degrees
1500 Meter Race Walk
- Caira, Alessia Waltham Track 8:01.00 (1st 15-16 Girls)
- Thomas, Michael Waltham Track 9:13.73 (1st 11-12 Boys)
- Smith, Morris Waltham Track 10:53.97 (2nd 11-12 Boys)
- Thomas, Brenna Waltham Track 10:58.20 (1st 9-10 Girls)
- Nyhan, Laurel Town Track 11:04.78 (1st 11-12 Girls)
- Hobin, Rachel Clcf Track P 11:21.34 (2nd 11-12 Girls)
- McGuinness, Molly Town Track 11:22.57 (3rd 11-12 Girls)
- Kennedy, Dayna Metropolis-B 11:50.11 (2nd 9-10 Girls)
2016 USATF-NE Junior Olympic 1500m Race Walk
Seacoast USATF-NE Grand Prix Race Walk
Portsmouth High School, Portsmouth, NH
Sunday, May 15, 2016
Weather: 54F, overcast, windy from the west
3000 Meter Race Walk
Isabelle Trefts (age 12) 17:46.0
5000 Meter Race Walk – Women
Maegan Allen (17) 28:07.3
Val Vaitones (19) 33:22.8
5000 Meter Race Walk – Men
Ed O’Rourke (54) 27:28.80
Nolan Allen (16) 27:59.4
Bob Keating (69) 28:44.2
Stephan Mayeux (51) 29:55.6
Kioshi Imai (58) 33:08.9
Thank you to today’s Judges: Tom Menendez, Justin Kuo, Rich McElvery, Steve Vaitones.
Thank you to the volunteer lap counters.
Thank you to the sponsor of today’s race: Seacoast Dream Dentistry, Portsmouth, NH.
Award winners of the 2016 Seacoast Racewalk: Val Vaitones, Isabelle Trefts, Maegan Allen, Nolan Allen, Ed O’Rourke, and Bob Keating.
The first outdoor New England RW Grand Prix event of 2016 will be the Seacoast 3000m/5000m in Portsmouth NH on Sunday May 15th, at the Portsmouth High School track. Registration will open at 9 a.m., and both races will start at 10 a.m.
The Seacoast USATF-NE GP Race Walk is hosted by the New England Walkers. We welcome anyone interested in the sport of race walking—please come! If can’t compete consider helping out, lap counters are always needed.
(Entry form attached)
Last Saturday, Maegan Allen of the New England Walkers earned 7th place in the Women’s 1-Mile Race Walk at the Millrose Games in NYC. Competing against the nation’s top women race walkers, Maegan held 4th position from 1200 meters until the final straight, finishing in 7:35.94.
The full results and video can be found at: http://results.nyrrmillrosegames.org/#
2016 Millrose Games Women’s 1 Mile Race Walk–Maegan Allen in 4th place with 1200m to go. (Photo courtesy Metropolis-Brookline TC)
Harvard University, Boston MA
Sunday, February 21, 2016
Women 3000 Meter Race Walk
1. Kayla Allen Unattached ME (HS) 14:59.40
2. Maegan Allen New England Walkers (HS) 15:05.17
3. Holly Lindoe Franklin Pierce Univ 16:36.46
4. Moira Burgess Unattached ME (HS) 17:49.90
Men 3000 Meter Race Walk
1. Spencer Dunn Unattached ME (HS) 14:31.15
2. Edward O'Rourke III New England Walkers 15:47.08
3. Robert Keating New England Walkers 16:36.44
-- Stephen Peckiconis Cambridge Sports Union DQ
Judges: Tom Eastler, Tom Knatt, Steve Vaitones, Rich McElvery, Justin Kuo
(Photo credit: Melissa Monaghan)
Spencer Dunn, Ed O’Rourke, Maegan Allen, Kayla Allen
USATF New England / Boston Parks Youth TF Meet
Reggie Lewis Center, Boston, MA
February 17, 2016
1 Mile Race Walk
1. Maegan Allen New England Walkers 7:48.82
2. Nolan Allen New England Walkers 8:09.02
D.W. Park, Brockton, MA
Monday, February 15, 2016
Conditions: Sunny and 20 °F (balmy).
1. Edward O'Rourke (M54), Groton MA 35:54
2. Rich McElvery (M58), Mont Vernon NH 37:09
3. Steve Vaitones (M60), Waltham MA 43:02
4. Charles Mansbach (M71), Waban MA 43:37
(The event was not judged.)
Thank you Justin for volunteering to time this event.
Start of 2016 Kathy & Ken Hayden 3.8 Mile Racewalk: Steve, Ed, Rich, and Charlie.