2017 CT Association 1600m, 5000m, 10000m RW Championship
Sunday, November 5, 2017
Peter’s Recreational Complex, Clinton, CT
Weather: Cloudy, 57 degrees
Our numbers are tiny but we managed to have athletes from MA, NH and NY. Wonderful to see the young walkers looking good! At least one Penn Relays/National Jr Nationals qualifier. Welcome back after 10 years of absence, Steph Lyness, impressive first race back after only 1 month of training.
1600m Race Walk
1. 11:29 Steph Lyness, 61 Guilford, CT CTRW — 1st Open/Master
5000m CT Association Championship
1. 42:20 Gus Davis, 79 CTRW Orange CT — 1st Open/Master
1. 25:51 Audrey Fox, 17 New Rochelle HS — 1st Open/Jr
2. 31:16 Julissa Oceguera, 15 New Rochelle HS — 2nd Open/Jr
3. 36:56 Saba Ho-Rezvani, 15 New Rochelle HS — 3rd Open/Jr
10,000m CT Association Championship
1. 55:44 Ed O’Rourke, 56 NEWalkers, Groton, MA — 1st Open/Masters
2. 1:01:11 Tom Finn, 61 CTRW, Southington, CT — 1st CT/ 2nd overall/Mastery
3. 1:03:30 Bob Keating, 70 NEWalkers, Nashua, NH — 3rd overall/ 1st Master 70+
4. 1:14:22 Charlie Mansbach, 73 NEWalkers, Waban, MA — 4th overall/ 2nd Master 70+
1. 58:42 Kayla Torres, 18 Walk USA, Sayville, NY – 1st Overall/ 1st Jr
Geoff Bye for registration/ finish line
A big thank you to Bob Gemske for bringing the clock, even though our number are few, it helps it feel more official.
We greatly appreciate Jean Tenan, Gary Westerfield, Shawn and Deb Fredrick coming the distance to judge. Rounding out our judging crew was Ron Daniel.
Our lap counters/timers,- Mr. Torres, Gail Larkin and Luke Torrellas
Great to see Rich McElvery come down and take pictures of the group and help with the finish line.