USATF New England Race Walking Grand Prix Competition Guidelines
General / Events
- The USATF New England Race Walking Grand Prix consists of a combination of road and track events at various distances through a calendar year held in the six New England states.
- The schedule and maximum number of events to score in a year will be set by the USATF NE Race Walking Committee by January 31 of the calendar year.
- Any changes to scoring will only take place at the start of a new calendar year.
- There is only individual competition, no team competition.
- The USATF-NE GP will score athletes from the New England, Maine, and Connecticut associations of USATF.
- Grand Prix scoring is limited to those athletes at least 14 years old on December 31 of the calendar year.
- Only those athletes residing in the New England association (MA, NH, RI, VT) are eligible for USATF-NE end of year awards.
- Overall series awards may be presented.
- Scorers must be USATF members by their second scored event or must be a full-time college student who are members of a New England college track and field team.
- Juniors in high school must be USATF members.
- Competitors will earn a point value for their performance in a race.
- Points are based on age-graded performances.
- The best of four (4) events over a year will count toward series scoring.
- An athlete may opt to include one “wild card” US championship or qualifying race held outside of New England in their scores.
- Open/Masters athletes will be scored on their age on the day of the event.
- Juniors age 14 through 18 through the end of the calendar will be scored on the upper year of the 2 year age group they are in as of December 31. Those are groups are 13-14, 15-16, 17-18.
Example: When an athlete turns 14 during the year – they are scored as a 14 year old. An Athlete turns 15 during the year, they are scored with the 16 year old point value as a 15-16 division scorer.
3. When an athlete turns 19 during the year they are scored single age as a 19 year old.