D.W. Park, Brockton, MA Monday, February 15, 2016 Conditions: Sunny and 20 °F (balmy). 1. Edward O'Rourke (M54), Groton MA 35:54 2. Rich McElvery (M58), Mont Vernon NH 37:09 3. Steve Vaitones (M60), Waltham MA 43:02 4. Charles Mansbach (M71), Waban MA 43:37 (The event was not judged.) Thank you Justin for volunteering to time this event.
M.I.T. Cambridge MA
Saturday, December 12, 2015
200m, flat, Mondo surface
1 Mile Walk
1. Meagan Allen 17 NEWalkers 7:56.09
2. Ed O’Rourke 54 NEWalkers 7:57.25
3. Nolan Allen 15 NEWalkers 8:24.34
4. Stephen Peckiconis 56 Cambridge SU 8:53.60
5. Hayley Bickford 15 Gorham ME 8:59.85
6. Val Vaitones 19 NEWalkers 9:11.63
7. Maryanne Daniel 57 CT RW 9:25.60
8. Grace West 15 Kennebunk ME 9:37.35
9. Holly Wenninger 51 Unat 10:07.10
10. Charles Mansbach 71 NEWalkers 10:48.39
11. Pat Yingling 71 Liberty AC 12:43.70
Judges: Ron Daniel, Rich McElvery, Ed Vaitones, Todd Bickford
Peter’s Recreational Complex, Clinton, CT.
Sunday, November 1, 2015
Weather: Cool, overcast, 53 degrees
From Maryanne Daniel:
Our numbers are tiny but we managed to have athletes from MA, NY and NH. Nice to see the young girls, Lucy and Val continue on in the sport and it was very impressive to see Lauren (who came to do the 1 mile fun walk and was talked into going 6x farther) finish strong prevailing over Ginger who was dealing with an injury.
In an effort to bring more judges into the fold, we trained three judges who had not seen RW before. Ron did an excellent job leading a learn by doing clinic where they observed an entire 10,000m.
We appreciate our judges – Debbie (Chief) and Shawn Frederick, who came from NY, Jean Tenan and Ron Daniel.
Thanks to our lap counters, John Palmer, Ed Vaitones, Barbra Gill-Vayo and Adam Raimondi, and Geoff Bye for registration. Thank you Bob Gemske for bringing the clock, even though our number are few, it helps feel official.
1. Ed O’Rourke (54), New England Walkers, Groton MA 57:26.1 (1st Open/Masters)
2. Bill Vayo (51), Park Walkers, White Plains NY 59:51.3 (2nd Open/Masters)
3. Charlie Mansbach (71), New England Walkers, Waban MA 1:12:24.7 (3rd Open/Masters)
1. Valentina Vaitones (19), New England Walkers, Derry NH 1:12:27.4 (1st Jr/Open)
2. Lucy Vayo (14), Park Walkers, White Plains NY 1:13:32.3 (2nd Jr/Open)
3. Lauren Gemske (30), CTRW, Milford CT 1:15:22.8 (1st CT Champ, 3rd Open)
4. Ginger Armstrong Palmer (53), CTRW, Canterbury CT 1:16:42.5 (1st Masters, 2nd CT, 4th Open)
DQ Denise Hambrick
Region 1 Junior Olympics
Fitchburg State University, Fitchburg MA
Saturday, July 11, 2015
Weather: Sunny, low 80’s
1500 Meter Race Walk Boys
1. Thomas, Michael Waltham Track 8:24.93 (1st, 11-12 Boys)
3000 Meter Race Walk Men
1. Capuano, Paul Averill Park 25:06.00 (1st, 17-18 Men)
1500 Meter Race Walk Girls
1. Trefts, Izabelle Old Town Track 8:18.49 (1st, 11-12 Girls)
2. NearyWood, Theia Chatham Gold 10:53.08 (1st, 9-10 Girls)
3. NearyWood, Jacy Chatham Gold 11:07.90 (2nd, 11-12 Girls)
4. Walster, Sabrina Chatham Gold 11:18.16 (2nd, 9-10 Girls)
5. Jackson, Tiarra Velocity Track 11:56.75 (3rd, 9-10 Girls)
3000 Meter Race Walk Girls/Women
1. Caira, Alessia Waltham Track 17:13.30 (1st, 13-14 Girls)
2. Vayo, Lucy Unattached 18:36.88 (2nd, 13-14 Girls)
3. Vaitones, Valentina New England 19:36.42 (1st, 17-18, Women)
4. Gabrielsen, Jainee Walk USA 20:04.64 (2nd, 17-18, Women)
5. Mendez, Victoria Walk USA 20:23.22 (3rd, 17-18, Women)
6. Capuano, Priscilla Averill Park 21:52.76 (1st, 15-16 Girls)
7. Walster, Olivia Chatham Gold 24:35.18 (3rd, 13-14 Girls)
8. Danay, Kateri Litchfield Track 30:36.93 (4th, 17-18, Women)
USATF-New England and the New England Walkers will be hosting the 2015 USATF 1 Hour Race Walk Championships on Sunday, August 2nd at the New Balance Track, Newell Stadium in Gloucester MA.
7:30 AM Registration and late entry
8:30 AM Men’s 1 Hour (all divisions)
9:45 AM Women’s 1 Hour (all divisions)
10:45 AM Novice/Youth mile and instructional clinic
-Prize money to the top 3 male and female finishers who are eligible to represent the USA in international competition at the senior level.
-USATF Medals to the top 6 Open athletes and top 3 Junior athletes in the Championship
-Awards to the first 3 athletes in each masters age group, starting at 40-44 category
-Awards to the first 3 overall male and female competitors in the Novice / Youth Mile Race.
An Added Plus:
Gloucester is close to beaches, historic Salem, and great seafood.
Ayer Rail Trail 5K/10K
Monday, May 25, 2015
Weather: 70 degrees, muggy, no wind, and a few mosquitoes
(Training race, not judged)
The next New England Walkers training race will be Sunday, June 14th at Danehy Park, Cambridge MA–5K,10:30am start, no entry fee, no DQs.
1. Brian Savilonis 33:03
2. Charlie Mansbach 35:57
3. Tom Knatt 37:24
4. Annie Montgomery 41:42
5. Joanne Harriman 46:10
1. Ed O’Rourke 59:12
2. Maegan Allen 59:17
3. Bob Keating 61:12
4. Nolan Allen 62:13
Thanks to Ed O’Rourke and Tom Knatt for organizing the event, and Bill Harriman for timing.
2015 Londonderry Invitational
Londonderry High School, Londonderry, NH
May 23, 2015
Weather: Sunny, 55 degrees, windy
Girls 1500 M Race Walk
1. Allen, Maegan Arlington MA 6:57.00
2. Vaitones, Valentina 12 Pinkerton 7:37.75
3. Bickford, Haley Gorham ME 8:02.07
4. MacGilvary, Isabelle 09 Pinkerton 9:21.60
Boys 1500 M Race Walk
1. Allen, Nolan Arlington MA 7:11.53
Judges: Vera Vaitones, Todd Bickford, Rich McElvery
Special thanks to Ed Vaitones for coordinating this event and the Londonderry coaching staff for their support and help to set this up.
Congratulations to brother and sister, Nolan and Maeghan Allen, from Arlington! They each set 3000m MA scholastic records last Sunday at the USATF-NE Masters / Open race in Providence, RI. Maeghan and Nolan were the top New England finishers in a talented field. They clocked times of 15:28.90 and 16:18.08 respectively.
Meaghan and Nolan after the race with 2012 Olympian Emerson Hernandez.
Photo: Don Lawrence