Peter’s Recreational Complex, Clinton, CT.
Sunday, November 1, 2015
Weather: Cool, overcast, 53 degrees
From Maryanne Daniel:
Our numbers are tiny but we managed to have athletes from MA, NY and NH. Nice to see the young girls, Lucy and Val continue on in the sport and it was very impressive to see Lauren (who came to do the 1 mile fun walk and was talked into going 6x farther) finish strong prevailing over Ginger who was dealing with an injury.
In an effort to bring more judges into the fold, we trained three judges who had not seen RW before. Ron did an excellent job leading a learn by doing clinic where they observed an entire 10,000m.
We appreciate our judges – Debbie (Chief) and Shawn Frederick, who came from NY, Jean Tenan and Ron Daniel.
Thanks to our lap counters, John Palmer, Ed Vaitones, Barbra Gill-Vayo and Adam Raimondi, and Geoff Bye for registration. Thank you Bob Gemske for bringing the clock, even though our number are few, it helps feel official.
1. Ed O’Rourke (54), New England Walkers, Groton MA 57:26.1 (1st Open/Masters)
2. Bill Vayo (51), Park Walkers, White Plains NY 59:51.3 (2nd Open/Masters)
3. Charlie Mansbach (71), New England Walkers, Waban MA 1:12:24.7 (3rd Open/Masters)
1. Valentina Vaitones (19), New England Walkers, Derry NH 1:12:27.4 (1st Jr/Open)
2. Lucy Vayo (14), Park Walkers, White Plains NY 1:13:32.3 (2nd Jr/Open)
3. Lauren Gemske (30), CTRW, Milford CT 1:15:22.8 (1st CT Champ, 3rd Open)
4. Ginger Armstrong Palmer (53), CTRW, Canterbury CT 1:16:42.5 (1st Masters, 2nd CT, 4th Open)
DQ Denise Hambrick
2015 CT Association 10,000m Championship start
USATF-CT 10000m medalists: (Front) Val Vaitones, Lauren Gemske, Ginger Armstrong Palmer, Lucy Vayo (Back) Charlie Mansbach, Ed O’Rourke, Bill Vayo