Last weekend, New England Walkers Ed O’Rourke, Val Vaitones, and Meagan and Nolan Allen competed at the USATF 5k Race Walk Championships in Albany, New York. Although NEW fell short of the required number of entrants to compete in the team category, they brought home some medals regardless!
In the men’s race, NEW president Ed O’Rourke received a silver medal in the M55 category, with a placing of 6th overall. Family duo Maegan and Nolan Allen both claimed National Junior (age 19 & under) titles. Maegan was 5th overall in the women’s race.
Great show Ed, Maegan, Nolan, and Val!
Results can be found at: http://www.usatf.org/Events—Calendar/2017/USATF-5-km-Race-Walk-Championships/Results.aspx
Representing the New England Walkers, Maegan Allen competed last Sunday in the Women’s 10 kilometer event at the Pan American Race Walk Cup Trials in Philadelphia, PA. In her first ever competitive 10K race, she finished 5th, clocking an amazing time of 53:55.
Bracketing her in 4th and 6th place were fellow competitors from Maine, Sydney Sirois and Kayla Allen.
Congratulations Maegan, Sydney, and Kayla!
2017 USATF New England Youth Meet
Reggie Lewis Center
Wednesday, February 22, 2017
Open 1 Mile Walk
1. Holly Lindoe Franklin Pierce University 7:29.56 (Personal Best)
2. Rick Cote Franklin Pierce University 8:13.91 (Personal Best)
3. Morris Smith Waltham Track Club 11:46.99
4. Max Wozek Waltham Track Club 11:47.45 (Personal Best)
Youth 409m Walk
1. Sienna Uyenoyama Needham Track Club 3:04.13
2. Alessia Uyenoyama Needham Track Club 3:08.28
2017 USATF New England Indoor Championship
Gordon Track, Harvard University, Boston MA
Sunday, February 19, 2017
3000 Meter Race Walk (Mixed)
- Emerson Esnal Hernandez Fleet Feet A 12:45.13
- Dave Talcott Shore AC 13:51.83
- Kayla Allen LA Race Walkers 14:58.07
- Holly Lindoe Franklin Pierce 15:08.60
- Maegan Allen New England Walkers 15:10.15
- Nolan Allen New England Walkers 15:22.39
- Edward O’Rourke III New England Walkers 15:23.38
- Sydney Sirois Unattached 15:28.44
- Rachel Zoyhofski Unattached 15:44.64
- Richard Cote Franklin Pierce 16:34.65
- Robert Keating New England Walkers 16:57.47
- Stephen Peckiconis Cambridge Sports Union 17:49.56
- Barry Blake Shore AC 18:41.89
Judges: Tom Menendez, Pam Allie-Morrill, Rich McElvery, Justin Kuo
Congratulations to the New England Walkers’ Maegan Allen for placing 5th at the Millrose Games in New York. She completed the Women’s Mile Race Walk with a time of 7:41.43.
2017 USATF East Region and New England Masters Indoor Track & Field Championships
Providence Career and Technical Academy
Providence, Rhode Island
Sunday, January 29, 2017
3000m Race Walk (Open)
1. Emerson Hernandez M28 Fleet Feet A 12:49.49
2. Nolan Allen M17 New England Walkers 15:27.52
3. Edward O’Rourke III M55 New England Walkers 15:36.20
4. Maegan Allen W18 New England Walkers 15:48.64
5. Robert Keating M69 New England Walkers 17:07.73
6. Stephen Peckiconis M57 Cambridge Sports Union 18:10.04
7. Wayne King M56 unattached 19:46.70
8. Bill Harriman M69 New England Walkers 21:29.26
Emerson Hernandez led the pack from the start, leaving the New England Walkers in his wake. He finished the 3000m race walk in 12:49.49.
2016 Tom Knatt One Mile Race Walk/USATF-NE Indoor One Mile Race Walk Championship
Shobrys Indoor Track, M.I.T., Cambridge, MA
Saturday, December 10, 2016
1. Kayla Allen 17 Lewiston ME Maine Racewalkers 7:54.89
2. Meagan Allen 18 Arlington MA NEWalkers 7:57.81 – 1F USATF-NE
3. Ed O’Rourke 55 Groton MA NEWalkers 8:35.07 – 1M USATF-NE
4. Hayley Bickford 16 Gorham ME Gorham Track 8:45.30
5. Maryanne Daniel 58 Clinton CT CT Racewalkers 8:49.14
6. Tom Finn 60 Southington CT CT Racewalkers 8:58.32
7. Moira Burgess 16 Monmouth ME Maine Racewalkers 9:02.12
8. Val Vaitones 20 Derry NH NEWalkers 9:08.44 – 2F USATF-NE
9. Morris Smith 12 Arlington MA Waltham TC 11:08.33 – 2M USATF-NE
10. Thomas Knatt 76 Groton MA NEWalkers 12:07.78 – 3M USATF-NE
11. Baker, Ellie 62 Lexington MA Unattached 12:56.45
Judges: Ron Daniel, Tom Menendez, Steve Vaitones, Rich McElvery
The distinguished field at the 3rd Annual Tom Knatt One Mile Race Walk Championship, December 10th at MIT:
Front row: Maryanne Daniel, Maegan Allen, Morris Smith
Back row: Ed O’Rourke, Moira Burgess, Hayley Bickford, Kayla Allen, Tom Knatt (Champion Emeritus), Ellie Baker, Val Vaitones, Tom Finn
Peters Recreational Complex Track, Clinton, CT
Sunday, October 30, 2016
Weather: Partly sunny, humid, 65-70 degrees
1 Mile Race Walk
1. Elizabeth Schretzenmeyer 11:24:06
10000m Race Walk
1. Ed O’Rourke, 54 New England Walkers 59:32 (1st Open/Masters)
2. Tom Finn, 60 CT Racewalkers 1:05:29 (1st CT, 2nd overall)
3. Charlie Mansbach, 72 New England Walkers 1:16:15 (3rd Open/1st Master over 70)
– Gus Davis, 78 CT Racewalkers 5000m in 41:22
1. Panse Geer, 70 Shore AC 1:15:13 (1st overall)
2. Ginger Armstrong Palmer, 54 CT Racewalkers 1:18:08 (1st CT, 2nd overall)
Judges: Jean Tenan, Maryanne and Ron Daniel
Special thanks to:
Geoff Bye for registration/ lap counting
Lap counters/timers, John Palmer, Gene Geer, Kristen and Peter Schretzenmeyer.
A big thank you to Bob Gemske for bringing the clock, even though our number are few, it helps it feel more official.
2016 Bay State Games, 3000m
Tufts University, Medford, MA
Saturday, July 9, 2016
Weather: Overcast, 63-degrees, occasional drizzle
Mixed 3000 Meter Race Walk
1. Allen, Nolan M16 Arlington, MA 15:20.86
2. Allen, Maegan W18 Arlington, MA 15:24.37
3. Peckiconis, Stephen M57 Roslindale, MA 17:45.22
4. Epstein, Larry M57 Stoneham, MA 18:36.86
5. Savilonis, Brian M66 Princeton, MA 18:41.63
6. Vaitones, Valentina W19 Derry, NH 19:26.47
7. Mansbach, Charles M71 Waban, MA 21:03.96
Start of the 2016 Bay State Games 3000m race walk.
President Ed O’Rourke congratulates Bay State champions Nolan and Maegan Allen.
D.W. Park, Brockton, MA
Monday, February 15, 2016
Conditions: Sunny and 20 °F (balmy).
1. Edward O'Rourke (M54), Groton MA 35:54
2. Rich McElvery (M58), Mont Vernon NH 37:09
3. Steve Vaitones (M60), Waltham MA 43:02
4. Charles Mansbach (M71), Waban MA 43:37
(The event was not judged.)
Thank you Justin for volunteering to time this event.
Start of 2016 Kathy & Ken Hayden 3.8 Mile Racewalk: Steve, Ed, Rich, and Charlie.